Enrolling your baby/toddler in child care has many advantages. It can also be a challenging time for children and parents alike. We currently have limited spaces available at Sandringham Children's Centre and would love to give your family a tour of our beautiful centre.
We can also discuss these useful tips on what to expect and how to help your child settle into a child care environment for the first time.
At Sandringham Children's Centre your child will have the opportunity to develop meaningful relationships. They will engage in playful learning experiences that will benefit them both now and in the future. It's important to remember that each child is different.
Some may take a short time to adjust to their new child care environment and others may take a little longer. Our passionate and engaged educators are here to help make this transition as smooth as possible for your family.
What can you do?
- Contact us to organise a tour of Sandringham Children's Centre so you can familiarise yourselves with the new environment. Talk to us about your child's current requirements and routines.
- Gradually building up the length of time your child spends in care - if practical, you may like to collect your child earlier for the first few days.
- Sending a favourite toy or comfort item.
- Let our educators know about favourite activities that may be used to distract or calm your child.
- Settling your child at a preferred activity before you leave.
- Establishing a 'goodbye routine'. For example, reading a story before saying goodbye.
- Talking about child care and letting them know they will have fun and be well cared for.
- Reassuring your child when you leave that you will be back later to collect them.
Children who become very upset when they are left often settle very quickly and happily once the actual separation is over. Consistent rituals or a routine that suits your individual child will support them to manage the change and are helpful for settling into care.
Our wonderful educators are here to help make the transition as smooth as possible so please talk to us if you would like to take a tour of our beautiful centre or discuss what will work best for you and your child.